Saturday, March 20, 2010

DADDY-O

Happy Birthday Dad!  Hope you have a fabulous year!  I made this Kindle case yesterday- based on the pattern found here.  I chose a vintage fabric that I LOVE and also added his initial on the top of the case.  The letter "L" is a fun one to make.















This is the vintage Lion Fabric that I just love.  I plan to make some other stuff from it soon.  I am thinking of selling some as well.  I have about 4 yards.  Anyone interested?  It is a 1960's canvas cutie.


I will add more pics when my dad places his Kindle inside and gives a big *sigh* Now he can read in comfort and style.


To make the inserts so the case stands up, I used the back of a drawing paper pad.  The same one 3 of my 4 beauties just finished using the last pages to make drawings for their sweet granddad. The very same one getting this case. Way to reuse, Jewels!










Hubba Bubba asked why we didn't make him anything...remember dear, patience is a virtue.

1 comment:

  1. Julee,

    I am having trouble finding your contact details....can you shoot me an email with your address so I can pop some gnome toppers in the mail?

    Regards,
    Louise

    ReplyDelete